Coding is the process of using a programming language to teach a computer to behave the way you want it to. It is a skill where you take instructions and translate them into a language the computer understands since computers do not communicate like humans. Put simply, Coding is a method of communicating with a computer. It is using a language that a computer understands to give a computer instructions to perform specific functions. Coding allows us to create things such as computer software, websites, apps, video games.
Specifically speaking for kids, if they engage in such skill it will not only prove to be a professional boon for them but will also play a major role as an unaccredited teacher in their growing age. Ours is a generation of information and technology. With the rising demand for artificial intelligence all around the globe, it is important to understand the importance of coding.
There are various types of different code, depending on what you want to develop. And different languages that each have their own set of rules. In other words, coding is giving instructions to a computer to produce the desired outcome.
After all, every language has a purpose – some are for the web, others for app development, others for desktop software. We may not have reached into the future where we can travel in flying cars yet, but we have advanced leaps and bounds into a high-tech society. Nowadays, everything is computer-aided- from your alarm clock to your coffee machine to automated cars, smart air conditioners, even your home lights and commands like “Hi Alexa!” and “Ok, Google!”
None of these would have been possible without computers, and the language that runs them – is coding.
Coding, in simpler terms, means feeding our commands in the computer in a language the computer understands, so that the computer can carry out the said command, and perform the task.
It is, therefore, not an exaggeration to say that coding runs the future that we are living in the present.
Why is coding beneficial for the kids today?
· To begin with it is very important to know that coding is in very high demand today and its demand will only increase in the coming years. It is very much popular among the youth as well as in the concerned fraternity.
· It develops problem-solving skills in the kids because they learn how to do and what to do. If they are stuck anywhere, they use their brains to tackle that problem which is a really good thing.
· Computational skills bring out the creative genius hidden inside the kids. They use their mind and imagination to make a certain thing a certain way or to do any task. It takes a creative mind to establish or design something of their own choice. Thus, it increases the creative ability of the kid.
· Coding in a way enhances our understanding and presents to us a better understanding of the world. Kids use devices such as smartphones, laptops, and computers and learn how to function before their age. They already are past the kids of their same age group.
· For growing kids it is not only learning but also a lot of fun. It also an intellectual pursuit for anyone who decides to learn it. Not only does coding increase our knowledge and provokes us to think in a certain way, but programming languages like Scratch is fun learning for all the students.
· People who already know coding are quite ahead in the race. It provides better career opportunities. It is a promising career and people are switching their profession for higher prospects and others are migrating here and there in their profession to earn a higher pay through coding.
While countries like Finland have added coding in their curriculum for their students, India too has taken an initiative. Keeping in mind the rapid need for coding the HRD Ministry, of India introduced The New Education Policy in 2020. Along with many other changes, an emphasis was laid on the importance of Coding. All CBSE and ICSE schools have been told to introduce coding in their curriculum from class 6.
Le Frehindi brings to you Coding Olympiad 2021. This is an initiative taken to promote coding culture in India. This Coding Olympiad is the first of its kind. Students from the age group of 10 to 18 can participate and learn. They can experience how the world of coders function. This Olympiad will not only encourage students to learn more but will also help them to recognize their areas of improvement. Participate and win exciting prizes. Visit the website today and register yourself.
For more information you may visit our corporate site at www.lefrehindi.fr
Regards, Team Le Frehindi