Frehindi Village is an unique place situated on top of the Himalayas where the native French and Indians meet to share language and culture. Frehindi Village is a people to people initiative which seeks to connect the French & Indians in a lifelong journey of discovery & friendship.
The 1st fully developed site is nestled on a hill top at Gangachaur near Bhataliya on Nanital-Mukteshwar road, 45 km from famous tourist place Nanital & surrounded by a magnificent oak and rhododendron forest. This site of Village Frehindi brings you a breathtaking view (380 km.) of Garhwal, Kumaon & Nepal snow ranges which include BANDAR POONCH, CHAUKHAMBA, NEEL KANTH, TRISHUL, NANDADEVI, PANCHACHULI, Mt. API, NAMPA to name a few.
At Frehindi village we stay with the family of the “Bishts” who own the orchards on which our site is situated & whose hospitality is more about their true warmth & passion for furthering the cause of Indo-French Friendship. The weather is cool & relaxed during the summer season as the orchards of the “Bishts” are laden with Apples, Plums, Peaches, Pears, Chestnuts, Alpine Flora, Ferns, Hanging Moss, and exotic species of wild flowers. In winters the days a surprisingly warm and ideal for a walk in the Forrest , treks or simply cycling your way through the quite & calm roads with a dash of sparkling snow adorning the roofs & trees around a clear sky with beautiful Himalayan range view.
Surrounded by a magnificent oak and rhododendron forest, Village Frehindi brings you a breathtaking view (380 km.) of Garhwal, Kumaon & Nepal snow ranges which include BANDAR POONCH, CHAUKHAMBA, NEEL KANTH, TRISHUL, NANDADEVI, PANCHACHULI,Mt.API,NAMPA to name a few.
The Idea of Village Frehindi:
The Idea of Frehindivillage was there in the mind of Mr. Haru Mehra, the founder of Le Frehindi since childhood. Being a native of the Hills himself Mr. Haru was amazed by the number of French people who used to visit the hills when he was a child. In fact the language French was initiated to Mr. Mehra when he was just 5 years old by a group of French tourists who used to come each year to visit the caves of Doonagiri which is about 80 KM from Frehindi village which happens to be the native place of the grandparents of Mr. Mehra.
After working for over 15 years in India & abroad Mr. Mehra Started working on Frehindi village and Le Frehindi concept in 2008.
The idea is to offer a relaxed atmosphere to the Indo-French community to interact, share and learn – away from the hustle bustle of the Metros.
The French & native Indians benefit from each other in the following way at Village Frehindi:
The French learn Hindi or English or any of the 21 languages spoken in India.
The Indians improve their French from natives of Francophone countries.
The French learn yoga from French Speaking Indian volunteers or a local guru.
The French & Indians stay in the ancient Houses build by local Villagers using the local material of wood, mud and rocks.
The French understands the local culture and traditions aided by their French-speaking Indian Friends including many stories & tales from ancient India which are still part of the culture of the locals at Frehindi Village.
Several Indo-French excursions. Cycling trips & treks are planned around the Village Mountains, fields, temples & markets with the help of local villagers.
The French & Indians participate in many voluntary work aimed to help local school students pick up important skills like languages, computers etc or help adults with their daily routine work like managing their animals, colleting fodder & fire woods, plucking fruits & harvesting.
Frehindi Village is organizing its 3rd annual “Frehindi Village” sejour and we welcome all Indians and native French to participate in this 3 day event.
(Starts Friday the 3rd January 2014 – Monday the 6th January 2014 )
Pl find the following Itinerary :
Friday the 3rd January 2014:
· 5.45 am : Boarding the Train Shatabdi Express from Anand Vihar Railways Terminal from Delhi.
· 7.30 am : Breakfast & Tea in the Train.
· 11.15 am : Arrival of Shatabdi at Kathgodam Railway station in the foothills of Himalayas and boarding Jeeps for climbing mountains.
· 12.15 pm : Stopping for local tea at a local shop at Bhimtal ( The lake of Bhima – named after a famous mythological character of Mahabharata), a beautiful lake on our way up the hills of Mukteshwar.
· 2 pm : Checking in at Frehindi Village followed by delicious Lunch.
· 3 pm – 6 pm free time to look around and rest and tea and snacks at 6 pm.
· 7 pm – Briefing about next day followed by Dinner.
· Antakshri ( A spoken parlor game on Bollywood songs ) around Angethi ( bonfire ) for those night owls.
Saturday the 4th January 2014:
· 8 am – Break Fast
· 10 am – 1 pm – Work shop on “La Cuisine du Monde Francophone” by Native french teachers (De la Belgique, de la France, du Maroc, d’Afrique, d’Algérie, et de la Tunisie)
· 1pm – 2 pm – Lunch
· 2 pm – 6 pm – Frehindi Village visit guided tour by Native Indians & tea in the evening at the house of a local villager.
· 6 pm – 8 pm : Wine Tasting & paring of food(Veg. & Non-Veg. ) Workshop by Col Joe ( By Colonel Ravi Joshi, leading wine sommelier of India ).
· 8 pm: Dinner & Cultural evening with local Kumaoni dance troupe “Harda” around Bonfire & Barbeque.
Sunday the 5th January 2014:
· 5 am – 6 am – Beautiful early morning Sunrise view from Machaan for early risers.
· 8 am – Break Fast
· 9 am – Jeep Safari leading to Adventure activities at Chauli Ki Jali : A fascinating rocky cliff behind the Mukteshwar temple. Leaning on the edge of the cliff you can have a view of your lifetime of the surroundings valley below and the far off peaks. This place will be used for our used for rock climbing and rappelling adventure activities for all dare devils in the group under supervision of experts.
· 12.30 pm : Visit 400 year old Muktershwar Temple of Shiva to meet an English priest who never speaks and talks only in gestures.
· 2 pm – Back for lunch and rest and free time to explore the Orchid for photo shoots etc
· 5 pm – Hot Tea with Pakodas ( Indian snack )
· 8 pm – Dinner and early retirement to bed for an early morning wake up.
Monday the 6th January 2014:
· 4.45 am – Wake up to watch the Sunrise for those who missed it on previous occasions.
· 6 am : Onwards Journey towards Kathgodam Railway station with packed breakfast.
· 8.15 am : Reach Kathgodam Railway station to catch Uttkarsh Sampark Kranti ( AC chair Car ) for Old Delhi Railway station.
* 3.15 pm: Tour terminates. Reach Old Delhi Railway Station. Metro and other modes of transport available for onward journey
All inclusive Registrations Fees for Indians nationals (triple sharing): Rs.7250/- (Seven Thousand two hundred & fifty only).
All inclusive Registration Fees for Kids (Age 7 – 16 years): Rs.3500/- ( Three thousand Five hundred Only ).
All inclusive Registrations Fees for French nationals (double sharing): 200 Euro (Two Hundred Euros).
All inclusive Registration Fees for Kids (Age 7 – 16 years) : 100 Euro (One hundred Euros Only ).
To Pay Online and to know more about Frehindi Village visit www.frehindivillage.com
Merci et Bien Cordialement.