French remains of the most important international languages which reflect in the fact that 90% of schools have opted French as a third language in India. And it is unquestionably among the world’s most culturally significant languages. The face that France has been the birthplace of more Nobel Literature Laureates than any other country reflects.
Demand for qualified French teachers is very high in India. Roughly a third of schoolchildren in the International Schools in the world learn French as knowledge of the language is a must for any student who aspires to work in such diverse fields as fashion, medicine, fine cuisine or diplomacy.
Working as a French teacher is a flexible and rewarding job where you can make a real difference to students’ lives. Frehindi’s training and refresher courses for new as well as experienced Teachers in India has helped many French Teachers to develop the skills necessary & adapt to teach French creatively to diverse groups of students in an a way that a student’s interest in the French language goes beyond text book teaching, making him/her to retain the language throughout his/her life
Launch of French Teachers Training Program, New Delhi :
The flagship “French Teachers Training Program” by Le Frehindi was launched by Dr.Manimala Roy,Principal, BASAVA International School” on Tuesday the 21st May 2013.
The program was launched in the presence of Mrs. Poornima Ambli, General Manager at KLE Society & Mr. Haru MEHRA, Founder Member & Director at Frehindi Education P Ltd.
Speaking on the occasion Dr. Roy lauded Le Frehindi for this unique initiative to train French Teachers in a way that the student’s interest in the language remains and a student is actually able to speak the language. According to Dr. Roy the 21st century student is a global student and knowledge of French, which is second most widely spoken language in the world, will help students to break the language barrier in a globalized economy. Dr. Roy further added that she will be more happy if her students speak in French among their peers in the corridors of school rather then get 90% or 95% in French exams at school. She also emphasized on the inherent passion that a Foreign language teacher must have and advised us to watch out & promote passionate teachers who take up teaching as passion and not merely a tool to get a cosy job.
Course starts from: July 22nd 2013
Number of Batches : 2 Batch Strength : 10 Maximum.
Location of Morning Batch ( 10 am to 1 pm )
Frehindi Education P Ltd
224 Vardhman Banhof Plaza,Plot No. 10, Pocket 7, Dwarka Sec-12, Near Sector 12 Metro station ( Walking distance ). Landline: 011-45537037
Location of Evening Batch ( 4 pm to 7 pm )
Frehindi Education P Ltd
C/o GOYAL Foreign Language Book Shop,
16 Ansari Road (GF), Daryaganj, New Delhi-110002
Mobile : 9650597001
Eligibility: Anyone who is interested in becoming French Teacher including those who do have basic school level knowledge or those who have done French at school.Ideal for those who are at DELF A1 / A2 level at Alliance Franciase or those who have done 1 year certificate courses from Bharitiya Vidya Bhawan,YMCA, JNU/IGNOU or DU or any other university from India or abroad.
Following are Modules that you will undergo:
The Course has been divided in two parts:
The 1st six months will be “Learn to Learn” and from seventh month onwards you will be attending specialized workshops of teaching French. This is called the “Learn to Teach” program.
Learn to Learn Phase Details:
· In the first Six months of “learn to learn” phase we will be following the new Alter Ego Plus Book which seeks to take you to the end of DELF B1 level.
· We will be providing you the practical classes on actual teaching every Wednesday at a large CBSE affiliated School in New Delhi. The timings of these visits will be 8 am to 2 pm ( as schools are open only at this time, however this is optional for participants )
· French Movie /Events followed by discussion in French: This is an optional event every Saturday at 6 pm at Frehindi’s cafe.
Learn to Teach Phase Details:
· Workshops on French language teaching methodology ( India & abroad )– A Teacher will know the pro & cons of teaching methodology adopted in India & aboard and will learn to adapt to Indian situations maintaining the best practices adopted worldwide.
· Workshops on Writing and speaking techniques – Organizing your ideas, developing an argument or refuting a statement, introducing and concluding a subject, giving a presentation or talking over the phone in short develop essential skills to master your subject. This course is designed for teachers who wish to teach writing as well as speaking whilst highlighting the importance of structure and connective words.
· Workshop on How to make lesson plans & manage a difficult class : Planning the most effective lessons takes time, diligence & an understanding of your classroom goals & abilities. The goal is to motivate the students to take in what you are teaching & retain as much as possible. This module also has a session with our empanelled psychologist cum counsellor who will help you understand the various aspects of child’s difficult behaviour be it undermining your authority, bunking classes or not paying attention etc
· Workshop on “How to teach Online & promote yourself online” – This workshops aims to explore, analyse & learn how the lessons plans of regular classroom teaching is adapted to online teaching of French language and create ready-to-use teaching online materials using moodle/Skype/ e-learning platforms. You will also discover new websites where you can go with your students in order for them to have fun while learning.
· Workshop on “Frehindi Technique” – Here you will learn how to engross a class with “Frehindi Technique” with all its Rhymes, games & classroom activities. This workshop shows how drama can constitute a stimulating and playful tool to teach French. It teaches students how to organise a French drama workshop by exploring various activities, from the performance of a particular speech act to the study of grammar and its impact on enunciation.
9th Month :
· Workshop on “How to Prepare for a French Teacher Interview” – This workshop involves all aspects of getting you prepared for an Interview as a school or institution which plans to hire you. This includes CV making in English & French, FAQ’s, guidance on how to plan your demo class & mock interview sessions.
· Workshops on keeping in touch with French via songs, comics books, films, TV5 Monde, RFI : An opportunity to combine work and pleasure with all the new ways of teaching and keeping yourself abreast too with French language via different mediums.
· Workshop by IATF ( Indian Association of Teachers of French ) : This workshop will be organized by IATF-INDE, which will provide the teachers with the benefits of joining IATF & also help the teachers to touch base with thousands of French Teachers in India & abroad. IATF provides an unique platform to teachers to collaborate & grow. Registration forms and will be available for teachers to subscribe to IATF & become a member.
Paying guest accommodation for outstation candidates ( Girls Only ) :
This Facility is available for Girls Only. Accommodation (twin sharing) very safe & walking distance from the Institute is available. The facilities are including an Indian female maid ( 24 hours ), WI-FI, TV,Air Conditioning, Automatic Washing machines, Modern Kitchen etc. The cost of same will be Rs.6500/- for accommodation and an additional Rs.2500/- for all three meals and electricity (the same can be reduced on pro-rata basis on the meals had & services used).The accommodation is the same that we offer to our international female faculty throughout the year.
Placements & Job employment after the course:
Frehindi Education has a dedicated placement cell which will help you with Placements offers in the 9th & 10th month i.e. just the right time in March & April 2014 when schools start searching for French Teachers. We will have campus interviews as well as interviews at the school premises during that time. Placements may be offered in Delhi & NCR as well as outstation schools & institutions.
Terms & Conditions for placements facility :
Ø 90% attendance necessary to participate in Placements.
Ø All fees must be paid before the placements in schools or educational institutions.
Placement at Le Frehindi :
Top 3 scorers in DELF B1 exam will be absorbed as Jr. Teachers/Online Teachers/Content developers/Counsellors at Le Frehindi from 1st July 2014.
Top 10 scorer in DELF B1 will be offered Rs.10,000/- ( ten thousand only ) worth scholarships along with free books, CD & workbooks for entire DELF B2 term on Joining the DELF B2 Weekend classes at Le Frehindi for 2014-15 session.
Fee structure :
1st Option ( Full Payment upfront ) : RS. 78,500/- only ( Seventy eight thousand & five hundred only ).
2nd Option ( Part Payment ) : Rs. 20,000/- Registration Fee + Rs. 6,500/- per month for 10 months starting 22nd July 2013.
Mode of Payments & Application Form :
Please find enclosed in attachments the application form. The application form needs to be scanned and mailed to us along with the payment.
You may credit the registration amount in the following modes :
1. Pay Online via Debit/Credit/Net Banking/Cash Card etc by Clicking “ Pay Now”.
2. You may pay by Cheque / Payorder or via the Credit/Debit card Machine at our center in Dwarka, New Delhi.
3. You may also do an account transfer at the following account :
Account number: 163905000087
Name : Frehindi Education Private Limited ( Please add full name including private limited on “payee” details)
Branch: ICICI Bank, Dwarka Sector 11 New Delhi-110075
IFSC Code: ICIC0001639
In case of any other query please feel free to call Mr. Haru MEHRA at 09811237037 or Ms. Archie at 09810129231.
The details of the program along with application form are attached for your reference.
We wish you the very best to undertake you journey to a bright and successful career in teaching French.